Sports & Disabilities: Getting from Grassroots to Paralympics (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Introduction: MEP Monica Semedo (Renew Europe, Luxembourg)
- Theme: The importance of the Paralympic Movement
Keynote speech I: Noah Rainer, Young Paralympic Athlete and European Para Youth Games participant and champion
- Theme: Real-life story about looking to move from grassroots to Paralympics; the step-by-step transition and challenges.
Keynote speech II: Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth
- Theme: What is the EU looking to do in the future regarding sports and disabilities?
Panel (moderated by Glenn Cezanne, Managing Director, T&P Consulting)
- Key themes include:
- The importance of sport for healthy living, youth, etc.
- What are the current challenges in times of crisis?
- What is the level of policy attention & funding at EU and national level?
- How has it impacted the ability of athletes to engage in sports and their aspirations – e.g. what is happening to the transition capacities from grassroots to Paralympics?
- What EU policy instruments would be appropriate to move ahead?
- What does sustainable funding imply?
- Ratko Kovačić, President EPC
- Noah Rainer, Young Paralympic Athlete
- MEP Monica Semedo (Renew Europe, Luxembourg)
- Commissioner Mariya Gabriel
- Tomislav Družak, Croatian State Secretary for Sport
- Dr. Markus Kerber, German State Secretary for Sport
The webinar will be conducted in English only.